-and NOW from our SPORTS DESK - Athletic Director Mike Papenberg reports: Good Morning Everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! For anyone interested in some PHS Athletics Gear to represent us in and out of school next year please check out this link. The store will be open through June 15th (Graduation Day).
We are coming to the end of our 2022-2023 Athletic Calendar.
Here is a look at how our Boys & Girls Track & Field Teams did at the NJSIAA South Jersey Group 1 Sectional Championships over the weekend.
This past Friday and Saturday the Boys & Girls Track & Field Teams competed in the NJSIAA State Sectionals at Pennsauken High School. The following athletes placed in the top 10 in South Jersey or had a personal best time or height. Congrats to Abdul Iyiola who was the NJSIAA South Jersey Group 1 Champ in the 400 Hurdles!
- Maura Russell placed 10th in the 400 hurdles
- Sarah Agnew jumped 4’6 for the first time in competition.
- K.J. Watson, Sara Agnew, Maura Russell and Natasha McGowan placed 9th in the 4x400 relay
- John Latimore ran the 2nd fastest time of any Sophomore in the 100
- Colin Broadbelt placed 7th in the 800
- Joe Russell, Colin Broadbelt, Pat Broadbelt and Abdul Iyiola placed 7th in 4x400 relay
- Joe Russell placed 7th in the Pole Vault
- Sam Adams placed 7th in the Discus! This is the 2nd furthest throw of any Sophomore
The following athletes will be representing Palmyra HS in the NJSIAA Group 1 State Finals:
- Abdul Iyiola in the 400 dash
- Kwinten Ives in the Long jump
- Abdul and Kwinten in the 110 high hurdles
- Joe Russell in the High Jump
- Kwinten Ives, Bobby Woll, Damon Bailey and John Latimore in the 4x100 relay
- Abdul Iyiola placed 1st in the 400 hurdles and has the fastest time in the state. Mile Split NJ ranked his time as an elite standard, the highest mark you can get.
#GOPANTHERSto keep track of our Panthers, for more schedules & other information find us on