The PHS|MS Charitable Clubs are UNITING to help Foster Kids this Spring!
We are #PalmyraProud of our Interact, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, & Panthers with Heart Clubs recognizing a need TOGETHER. The Center for Family Services' DUFFLE BAG PROJECT is a valuable resource for youth in foster care along with the young adults that will be aging out of foster care.
Here's what the clubs are collecting (items must be new to adhere to state guidelines)
- Think of comfortable things that bring YOU comfort.
- Here's an Amazon Wish list link for ideas: https://a.co/5Cqk9M7
- Duffle bags that easily fold up and can be easily stored,
- socks, masks
- leggings, sweat pants, hoodies, shirts, other clothing items,
- bedding (blankets/sheets/pillows),
- Recreational items - footballs, soccer balls,
- cookbooks, journals,
- art supplies, adult coloring books,
- Dorm items - dish towels, bath mats, towels, etc.
- (stuff you like will be things they like)
Here's some Foster Facts:
- Many of the youths in foster care & young adults being placed in independent care don't have anything more than the clothes they arrive in. Many keep their belongings in a trash bag.
- Each year more than 800 children & teens find temporary safe housing at the Center For Family Services. During their stay at one of our safe homes, children are provided with a stable foundation that allows them to heal, grow, & experience joy.
- Services help to instill confidence & self-worth in our youth, empowering them to pave their path to a better life & brighter future.
SO- All items must be new! Please feel free to start collecting items on the list above. All items are due by our May 14, 2021 deadline
A collection box will be set up by PHS Door #1 for anyone who would like to donate.
Our clubs are reaching out together to help The Center for Family Services, 1 Alpha Avenue, Voorhees, NJ 08043 - their website: https://www.centerffs.org/
Thank you to all for your generous support,
Interact National Honor Society National Junior Honor Society Panthers with Heart
Please reach out to any of our advisors (click their names for their emails) if you have a question & don't have a club member nearby.
Interact Advisor NHS Advisor NJHS Advisor Panthers with Heart Advisor